Are you motivated optimizing and heading production using continuous improvement tools and LEAN boards? Vega Salmon has success and is establishing a new role to match the demands of high-end customers around the World. If you are ambitious and has a modern Leadership style with a great sense of humor, then you might be the one, we are looking for to join our Handewitt Team at the German/Danish border.
As the Senior Manager Operations for Vega, you will have the responsibility for Production, Facility Management and Maintenance. You will have a close collaboration with the Middle Management Team and report directly to the COO.
- Management of mainly blue and some white Collars, as well as external employees related to operating the facility in Handewitt, Germany.
- Ensure right level of competencies in the organization.
- Follow timely and efficient production of high-quality products.
- Keep close and daily focus on the shop floor.
- Support daily, weekly, monthly planning incl. forecast and follow-up on production capacity.
- Initiate and support continuous improvement.
- Prioritize resources to make business plans and strategies come true.
- Drive optimization projects within own area of responsibility.
- Support junior leaders in their growth.
- Focus on raw material, achieving good yields and minimizing waste.
- Development of investment and activity strategies.
- Negotiate and sign contracts for new equipment, together with the purchase department.
- Establish and follow up on budget and capex.
- Participate in selecting the product of the future incl. concepts and stakeholders.
- Relevant Managerial, Production and Technical background.
- Hans-on approach to problem solving.
- Extensive experience in operational roles ind dynamic companies with daily changes in production needs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with management of at least +100 employees.
- Experience in the Seafood or food production would be excellent and/or similar experience from other companies.
- Outstanding communication, teamwork, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deal with multiple stakeholders.
- A motivator and a coordinator.
- Experienced in implementing processes.
- Excellent quality and safety awareness.
- Fluent in English, verbal and in writing.
- To be an important part of the Middle Management in Vega, setting the direction in daily business as well as the strategic level.
- Challenge tasks, short decision making processes and a high level of personal responsibility.
- Excellent opportunities to make a difference in the transformation of the leadership, costs and performance structure in the Team of Operations.
- A modern workplace in a motivated multinational team.
- Salary and benefits etc. corresponding to market level matching your competencies.
Please call FoodCareer.dk on +45 5130 6866 for clarifying questions and send your motivated application and CV clicking the link below. All applicants will be treated with absolute discretion. Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis. Please visit www.vega-salmon.dk